I bought a Freedom Stick 250u on Listia for 82,100 credits. I was suspicious of the auction from the very beginning. ALWAYS TRUST YOURSELF WHEN YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE GUT FEELING ABOUT SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Listia moderator left a comment on the auction stating "To comply with our policies we require that this item be "factory reset" or 'deactivated' from any existing account(s). Please update your listing today to reflect this.Thanks for your cooperation and hope you earn a ton of credits!"
So I messaged the seller (Terri401) on Listia and asked her if there was a $20 fee to reactivate which I did not mind paying because she was SUPPOSED to remove her account from it. She sent me a message back saying "You'll be happy with this little device.....Keep bidding. Item will be as described." It turns out she NEVER removed her account from the device. Nearly 2 months after I purchased it from her I went activate it and lo and behold her account is still on it!! I personally emailed her and she still never removed her account from it.
Then I decided to call Freedom Pop and they straight up lied to me. The person on the phone said they NO LONGER supported the Freedom Stick 250u because Sprint took away WiMAX. When I emailed Freedom Pop I was told that I could add a 3G plan to it. So how could I a 3G plan if the device is "no longer supported?" Lies. And the Freedom Stick 250u is the first device listed on their website! Go to freedompop.com/activate and it should be at the top left corner, first one to click on under the heading "Can't Find Your Mac ID?." To top it all off, they told me that it wasn't even my device because her account is still linked to it. They think I stole it from her when I spent my hard earned money for it. Do you know how long it took me save up over 80,000 credits on Listia?
That's when I put in a support ticket on Listia for a refund of my credits. They didn't even read my response at all and just sent a generic email stating there was nothing they could do because I was 2 weeks late for a refund. I think it's unfair because the seller clearly violated Listia's own rules when she sold the device without removing her account from it like the moderator told her to.
Listia, Freedom Pop and Sprint all refuse to either remove her account manually or give me a refund. Now she has 82,100 free credits on Listia to spend and I have a Freedom Stick 250u that can't even be used let alone activated. Congratulations Terri401, I hope you're happy. Karma is coming, just saying. If I had the money to waste, I would consider suing.
Avoid this seller like the plague and to be honest just avoid Listia as well. Almost half the auctions I've won have been a scam or I've had some problem. A couple months ago, I won a Papa Johns gift card with a balance of $15.99 on Listia. When that seller messaged me she wanted me to use her Papa Johns account to order a free pizza(?!). There was no actual gift card with a balance on it. I also had a weird feeling about that auction too. But I went ahead and used it because I got tired of messaging Listia support about bad auctions. Avoid Listia because there are hundreds of other problems that I could go on for days about, and other users agree.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Winning stuff for free
What I disliked
- Committed a fraud
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Freedom Stick 250U
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This user called me a "mutt" and "troll" for asking a simple question. I blocked, flagged and reported her. She had tons of negative feedback and neutral feedback and she..."
- "I listed a dooney and Bourke handbag, and it was won by a lady, she bidded 69,000 credits for it and I sent it off a few days after that...."
- "I ordered a "MANGO BAG" last January 28, 2016 thru Lazada. My item was delivered yesterday morning (February 1). I was really disappointed with the item I bought. I messaged the..."
- "I was emailing and talking on comments with this girl @Tifflatowski92 and she convinced me to trade her my louis vuitton favorite pm for her louis vuitton favorite mm and..."
- "...Got 2 pints of potatoes ..my husband put potatoes on his plate , went to take a *** and bit down on a high piece of plastic..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "I ordered the Lavender Mix arrangement. Flowers were delivered but there was not one Lavender flower in the plant. Actually, there were about 5 or 6 flowers in..."